COVID-19 Update

16th March 2020

After recent developments regarding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak, we are today (Monday 16th) announcing the postponement of the Derby 10K on Sunday 29th March.  

We appreciate the huge amounts of time and effort invested by runners, suppliers and partners and are working behind the scenes in consultation with Derby City Council and all other agencies involved in making the race happen to ensure we can communicate with you as quickly and efficiently as possible.  

A new date for the race will be released as soon as possible.   

Once this date is announced all runners will be given the option to race on the new date or apply for a refund if they aren’t available to race on the new date. 

For all standard entries (those who entered before 10.00am on 28th February), race packs have already started being distributed meaning you will receive your race pack before the 29thWe kindly ask you to store these safely and use the same pack for the postponed race as this will significantly reduce administration and help us to deliver the later race more smoothly. 

Any misplaced race numbers will not be subject to the usual charge and we will host re-registration points in the week leading up to the new race date, once this is confirmed. We will unfortunately not be able to provide new T-shirts for any that are lost. 

If you aren’t able to race on the new date we will host return points once the new date is confirmed. We kindly ask you to return any packs that aren’t being used so we can re-issue your numbers and cut down our environmental waste. 

Any late entrants (received after 10.00am on 28th February) will not receive their race packs in the post and these will be re-issued in the same week leading up to the new race date. 

No fun run numbers will be distributed and again these will be made available in the lead-up to the new race date. 

We will be updating our FAQ page here with any relevant new information, but for the time being we cannot announce a new date until all relevant agencies are consulted.  

Please do not attempt to complete the 10K course on 29th March without our road closures in place as they are there to ensure your safety.  

Please consult direct government and NHS advice regarding your health during this time.  

If you have any additional queries for now please direct them to and we will respond as soon as possible but please be aware that there may be unusually high traffic.  

At this time, we ask you to reserve any queries relating to your race packs (eg. wave number, T-shirt sizing) until we are able to announce the new date, at which point we can pick up on all these queries and ensure they are answered with our full attention.